The 2020 SUMMER INSTITUTE ONLINE
Registration: May 1 – July 1, 2020
Ordering texts: Please allow plenty of time for ordering your texts: approximately 4 weeks for orders outside the United States, 1 week for orders in the United States.
- To purchase shedra (study) course texts, contact Nitartha’s bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entering the Way of the Great Vehicle: Dzogchen as the Culmination of the Mahayana, by Rongzom Chökyi Zangpo can be found as an e-book through online sources, including Amazon. Hard copies can also be purchased through the Nitartha bookstore at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (+1) 720-310-0422!
SCHEDULE FOR SESSIONS 1 AND 2
Note: All courses continue from one session to the next.
(Visit our course listing page for details)
|1||6:30-7:50am Pacific, 3:30pm-5:50pm CEST, 9pm-10:50pm CST||Intermediate Literary Tibetan|
|2||8-9am Pacific, 5-6pm CEST, 11pm-12am CST||Community Meditation led by Acharya Lama Tenpa Gyaltsen|
|3||9:30-11am Pacific, 6:30-8pm CEST, 12:30-2am CST||Entering the Way of the Great Vehicle taught by Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche.|
|–||11am-12pm Pacific, 8-9pm CEST, 2-3am CST||Break|
12- 1:30pm Pacific, 9-10:30pm CEST, 3-4:30am CST
|Three levels of shedra (study classes) taught by Nitartha faculty:
Level 1: Mind and Its World
Level 2: Madhyamaka
Level 3: Cittamātra and Buddha Nature
2-3:30pm Pacific, 11pm-12:30am CEST, 5-6:30am CST
|Mahamudra Shamatha practice led by Acharya Lama Tenpa Gyaltsen:
Prerequisites are required. Please click here to verify your eligibility.
7-8:30pm Pacific, 4am-5:30am CEST, 10-11:30am CST
|Introduction to Colloquial Tibetan|
Session 3: Continuation of shedra level 1 (Mind and Its World) and level 3 (Chittamatra & Buddha Nature)
COSTS AND DETAILS
|July 10 – 18||
Session 1 only
|July 20 – 28||Session 2
Continuation of all courses from session 1:
Entering the way of the Great Vehicle (Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche)
Meditation Acharya Lama Tenpa Gyaltsen
Three levels of shedra (study) courses
Sessions 1 & 2
|July 30 – August 7||Session 3
Continuation of Level 1 and Level 3 shedra (study) courses only
|No additional cost|
Included in tuition:
- Daily teachings by Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche (18 talks over two sessions)
- Daily meditation sessions open to all students led by Acharya Lama Tenpa Gyaltsen (18 days over two sessions)
- Mahamudra Shamatha led by Acharya Lama Tenpa Gyaltsen for qualified students (18 days over two sessions)
- One shedra (study) level (up to 27 teachings)
- Recordings of session to view at a time that is convenient for you!
Payment plans and financial assistance are available (click here to apply)
Nobody will be turned away because of cost.
Refund policy: In case of cancellation, a full refund will be given by the registration deadline of July 1, 2020. A processing fee of $75 will be charged for cancellations between July 2 and July 9th. No refunds will be possible on or after July 10th, 2020.
Academic credit: Please note that tuition is $500 for students who are seeking academic credit from their educational institutions.
Interested in the afternoon Mahamudra Shamatha session? Verify your eligibility here before registering.