Nalandabodhi Practice Instructor (PI) Training and Training to Become a PI Trainer
July 26–August 3, 2018
Please note: This offer is for Nalandabodhi members only!
We are delighted to offer Nalandabodhi PI trainings for Level 1, 2, and 3 and a Training to Become a PI Trainer during module 3 of the Nitartha Summer Institute, held at Western Washington University! This PI training is for Nalandabodhi members only; further requirements are listed below.
It is also highly recommended as a refresher for any PI wishing to deepen and expand their understanding of NB’s practices as a whole, the details for each, and how each practice works with the preceding and following practice. It is also a great opportunity to share our experience, expand our collective wisdom, and be inspired.
No matter what level one is training for, we will all be training together as a group playing different roles and supporting each other to accomplish our various levels of training.
Who can attend?
- Any NB member in good standing can attend the training if you are:
Qualified for Level 1 PI training (halfway through Ngondro, finished or about to finish the NB Mahayana Curriculum, are motivated to become an active PI, and are endorsed by your own PI).
- If you are already a Level 1 PI who wishes to become an active Level 2 PI, which is a PI who guides people in Ngondro. You must be a NB MM and/or VS practitioner, endorsed by your PI, and have started the NB Vajrayana Study Curriculum.
- If you are already a Level 1 and 2 PI who wishes to become and active Level 3 PI, which is one who guides people in MM Shamatha. You must have finished the NB MM curriculum through to the end of MMV, be endorsed by your PI, and have done or are well into the NB Vajrayana Study Curriculum.
- If you are a Level 2 or above PI who wishes to become a PI Trainer, which is a PI who trains NB members to become PIs. You must intend to remain active, finish NI’s MW1 and Clear Thinking, have completed the whole NB Study curriculum (or about to finish), done study facilitator training, demonstrated that you maintain an active and ongoing personal practice, and be endorsed by your PI.
- Summer Institute module 3: July 26 – August 4
- $150 incl. teacher’s gift
- Room and board: $390 for single room, $319 for full meal plan (other meal options available at registration).
- Additional teacher’s gift if you also attend the talk by Acharya Lama Tenpa (BUD 796 Lama Mipham’s Beacon of Certainty).
(subject to change)
|1||6:45-7:15||Lüjong – optional, but highly encouraged|
|2||8:10-9:00||Depending on PI level: Analytical Meditation led by Acharya Lama Tenpa or DVD by DPR on being a PI|
|3||9:10-10:20||PIT class 1 for all trainees|
|4||10:40-12:00||BUD 796 Lama Mipham’s Beacon of Certainty – optional or study|
|5||14:00-15:10||PI Trainers class (others: study and presentation prep)|
|6||15:20-16:20||Class for PIT level 1 & trainers (others are highly encouraged to attend)|
|7||16:40-18:00||Class presentations and discussion (mandatory for everyone)|
|8||19:30-20:30||Meditation – optional|
Application (Nalandabodhi members only)
- Eligibility will be checked as per the above requirements for the different levels of training.
- If students are qualified, they will then go through Nitartha Institute’s registration process for payments of housing, meals etc.